Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Note to Consider

Yeah camaraderie that's what it's called. I wasn't really good at that when I was in school. Although, I wasn't anti-social or anything I guess I never valued it as much as I do now. I think when I was young I was so focused on results for myself. When I hear parents talk about their children and grades, I understand the value of grades, but I never pushed myself when I was that age. That's an important part of learning. Now I pay attention to what I do because others are watching. The youth go through different challenges today and I try to see myself in their shoes. I read a lot in order to have the right words to say. Speaking of teachers, I respect the people I work with. In order to properly represent our culture, we seek mentors. I find it kind of funny because guys like me and others are the last people I would've guessed to be examples because we were athletes. I didn't care about expression of ideas until I saw it hindered. The first time it occurred to me is when I was in a position to help others. For instance, remember that gal from Spokane who was the leader of the NAACP? She was exposed for not being African American. I thought that was so hypocritical of anyone to criticize her. This lady worked her butt off for the issues. At least that was my opinion. When I saw the pictures of her when she was younger, it was pretty obvious she wasn't a minority. Isn't that like gender confusion or something? Instead of her sexuality it was her race. She identified with people of color. Lawyers, Doctors, professionals from all walks of life have done it before. The worlds so dedicated to political correctness. Like were watching each other so closely. I'm implored daily with readings on interpersonal communications. It probably doesn't help that I focus on race. Nine times out of ten that's the problem. Actually, I'm going to correct myself because it's class & stature relations that's the problem. I reverse course on that thought because even within different cultures and classes, the disparity between rich & poor is wide. Race is represented, but based on our biggest differences become about our economic status, otherwise how could an Anglo Saxon become the spokesperson for the colored people? We all tend to retreat to our comfort zone when challenged. Take Sarah Palin for instance, a momma grizzly that can see Russia from her porch. She's a great example of what I'm discussing. A great image on the surface until a person starts looking past all the pageantry. I was really impressed when she came on the scene. That admiration quickly turned into head scratching though because she started out good, but suddenly she couldn't even tell us what books she had read. She defended herself by saying reporters are looking for the moment of opportunity with Gotcha! Questions. I thought naming an author is hardly scandalous. What's funnier is when Rick Perry couldn't tell us the three branches of government he would eliminate if he became president. I kind of went into the supporting evidence afterwards concerning his credentials. You see if a person is legitimate and discusses these issues on a regular basis, they are deeply familiar with the details. Sarah, not having read a book and Perry promising to end a government program that he can't even name is an all-time low in intelligence. That's the type of ignorance scares me. I keep these subjects in my blog to remind myself that qualification to be commenting on a subject requires that one should first know the subject. I know I write progressive rhetoric and that's the concept that I'm going for. I figure if I can motivate people to resist demagogues than it's an indication of proper messaging. I picked that narrative because this state is split in opposite and opposing parties. On the west side are Urban idealist and the like and out here we have all red state folk. I figure if I can thrive amongst the opposite political types eventually I can take serious analysis into my own parties agenda and eventually implode stereo types. I think that's the point of modern activism because obviously the status quo isn't looking out for anyone, but themselves. I need someone to examine the mechanics of my words though. Just like the political figures who stumble and fall, if I don't do my homework, I can fail at writing. I don't have expertise to organize my thoughts into language, so I'm just kind of free styling without judgment.. Punctuation is key, but framing the sentences is critical in being able to articulate a message. Command of the facts help to obtain credibility. Anyone can mangle the English language like a fifth grader, but it's the art of persuasion that I pay attention to. I don't worry about plagiarism because I feel the flaws in writing are an obvious indication the words are my own, but I do copy my favorite authors style. Sherman Alexie was my best friend's neighbor in our youth. He had health issues, so we weren't allowed to play outside. His mom was vital in instructing him. His life was quite tragic yet for a Native it was typical. Now he's one of the most recognized writers for the type of books he writes. I think the key is his style. He speaks truth from the heart yet he dramatizes the narrative. He's giving the reader basic facts of life on the reservation, but he creates interesting characters to draw you in. I know because I recognize them in real life. They are based on real people who are not that interesting. I can see that it's from our particular perspective or viewpoint that we don't find our own lives peculiar, but when we expose our reality to outsiders the opposite is true. I like George Will to. The waves of controversy he sent across the political spectrum by leaving the G.O.P. is an indication of lowering the bar. People are into tearing down political figures in this era and it's no different than the French revolution or America fighting for independence. These are full time operations with think tank recommendations bordering on ridiculous. I can imagine social scientists are working around the clock like during the Cold War. Manipulation of public opinion is big business. I think that's my caveat in notoriety. We tolerate some questionable behavior in order to get a glimpse on how the mind works. Although it's the outrage of peddling ignorance, if it wasn't for the scandal & outrage, I wouldn't have reason to push back. I think all educated people are probably looking to dissolve the current state of ignorance ever present in America. Cool heads will prevail, but we have to fight these arguments one at a time. Things like inventing your own math need to go away, as well as inventing your own facts. It's not a repudiated attack on disseminated information , but it's definitely a proclamation to hold the uninformed accountable. Basically what I want to achieve is that when I write an opinion piece academics will instantly recognize the scholastic influence and improve the argument. Today I read a piece on ,"Opioid of the Masses," referring to the decay of moral fiber in hometown citizens. This quote caught my eye, “We’re expected to be shepherds to these children, but they’re all raised by wolves.” those wolves are here. There not coming in from Mexico, not prowling the halls of power in Washington or Wall Street, but here in ordinary American communities and families and homes. The indication that folks are turning on each other in that statement is reality. We setup a strawman in the form of an oppressor, but it's us who are attacking one another. What type of example is that for children or what can we say for ourselves in front of the elders. Sentiment is everything when concerned with the state of affairs, but where is our morality? That is why I am combing through the past to find the evidence of our future. Influence is the commodity were peddling like a street market produce supplier. In order to sell your product, people need to see the value in what you're saying. Right now the Semitism (accountable) is present. The racial slurs are thriving and the suspicion of each other is growing like a tumorous lung puffing on a cigarette. United We stand and divided we fall. We all know the words by heart, but have we ever stopped to consider the message. I will borrow the words of James Comey, current F.B.I. director immediately after the takedown of George W. Bush's domestic spying program, “We know that our actions, and those of the agencies we support, will be held up in a quiet, dignified, well-lit room, where they can be viewed with the perfect, and brutally unfair, vision of hindsight. We know they will be reviewed in hearing rooms or courtrooms where it is impossible to capture even a piece of the urgency and exigency felt during a crisis,” adding that such pressure made reasoned thinking all the more necessary: “‘No’ must be spoken into a storm of crisis.” I also borrowed this from an anonymous source regarding the blindfold lady justice wears: "The blindfold represents objectivity, in that justice is or should be meted out objectively, without fear or favour, regardless of money, wealth, fame, power, or identity; blind justice and impartiality." These inspiring words guide our thoughts and just as we were taught to recite the Pledge of Allegiance, One Nation under God Indivisble with Liberty and Justice for all. So in the spirit of independence and celebration of our vast history of turmoil, grownups must lead the charge to bring some civility to our life today. Don't you agree? The pursuit of freedom is not the same as the protection of freedom. When you swear an oath you are prescribing to certain conditions under which sacrificing some alienable rights will assure the safe passage for others. That's the concept being ignored today yet many long for the time when America was great. "Make America Great Again," prescribes to this idea, but without the valor to achieve it. Being that is the substance of our modern day philosophy, it is sham, a doppelganger being used to supply vitriol to the unincorporated and disenfranchised. "The Wolves," come in sheep's clothing to offer themselves as the victim yet they are undisciplined in judgment. They cry, "fair opportunity to have their needs met," yet they are looking to conquer all those who are truly in need. This is moral and ethical question today.. Just ask yourself, Who is to gain from the lessoning of convenient memory? Make lists of those allowed to move about freely? Subjugate monitoring policies for the oppressed? Hasn't history told us what this behavior leads to? Yet there are those that will claim it's needed. Reverse racism isn't a thing. A monolithic system that derides freedom & equality cannot be considered patriotic. Turmoil, blood and civil war are anarchist at best. Feudalism turns a population of tenants into service towards troughs that offer protection. Giving homage as tenets of society while being obliged to live as serfs is not freedom. The American war machine is no longer productive abroad so now it is imploding within. Take Great Britain as example where infighting and referendum have resulted in invoking article 50. Every finalist in the conservative contest for leadership has stated that it is a discussion of the terms in which Britain will leave the European Union. They are very careful not to bring up the fact that it is a negotiation. Now what does that tell you when leaders will not mention the fact that it is a negotiation? It means that fallout from two opposing sides has resulted in chaos & confusion. What is the leading principle we have here in America holding democracy together by a thread? Civility! When civil unrest occurs, civil disobedience follows and that results in a police state ruled by marshal law. Invoking laws and triggering state of emergency is wartime activity within secured borders. Now I must ask, is this the result of political saliently on behalf of the voter or the conservative party? In other words, who is inciting violent protest? Are the voters? I know I see evidence of squirmishes at rallies, but the worst I saw was violence at a KKK rally. Now for whatever the reason the KKK started showing up at political rallies is anyone's guess, but lately the connection between one candidate in America is stoking racial aggression. The statements that violence is acceptable and financial bailout will be available for riot inciters is reprehensible. This is where we are in America. Reasonable debate is no longer the foundation of our democracy. Political Science Majors can and will tell you all of the circumstances in which civil unrest occur. I can make graphs & charts to pinpoint the topics and explain the indicators. I think it's easier if I just state that political tactics have been exhausted to sway public opinion. The microbial adjustment of the needle in public opinion has barely moved in the last eighteen months. News cycle after news cycle produce outlandish claims that every little story has unleashed a torrent of scandal that has devastated the party leaders and yet the polling shows no public opinion has changed drastically. At the conclusion of each week the news is reported, "bombing in some foreign country, shooting in our own and party affiliates tote the line of the establishment as usual." Yesterday, the F.B.I. released a long awaited enquiry into a proposed scandal of epic proportion and what did we learn? No charges will be brought because although negligence has been found, it does not require a criminal charge. This lead to meltdowns and hair pulling by conservatives to cry foul and vow to bring yet another enquiry and spend even more of the tax payer dollars. When does it end? When do the wolves in sheep's clothing become satisfied? Is there anything that fills this void of moral aptitude or ethical examination? I'm not just siding with the liberals here either. Everything they do and say seems to be a calculated move to paint the competition as unreasonable and foolish. The problem is were past the return to sane and professional behavior and it has the public firmly entrenched in a unforeseeable future. Is our next step to wall off our borders and implode from within like Great Britain? What about the outcome of the next election? We haven't seen regular or normal behavior from those required to lead in over thirty odd years. Scandal after scandal after scandal is a waste of energy and frankly compromises the integrity of everyone it touches. The sole purpose of capturing the moral high ground is to help others achieve the same understanding and raise the bar of intellect & education in America. I started this post by mentioning camaraderie & education. I talked about speaking to young people with examples and attitudes that provides good information on how to communicate to others. I chronologically documented the beginning of the downfall in political correctness and attitudes of civil and patriotic unions of allegiance. Apparently in 524 years we've progressed merely an inch in society. With all the technical advancements in communication and science or medicine, we've seem to come to a consensus that our democracy is still just an experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment